If you’re craving lemon cake on the keto diet, give this low-carb lemon mug cake a try. In about 5 minutes you can have a delicious lemon cake in a mug that won’t destroy your diet.
Add variety to your keto dessert lineup with this keto lemon mug cake recipe. This easy to make microwave lemon cake is 5.4g net carbs and simply scrumptious.
Table of Contents
Low-Carb Lemon Cake in a Mug
This lemon cake is very similar to the lemon lavender mug cake recipe without the lavender. Not everyone has culinary lavender on hand, nor do they want to, so here is lemony deliciousness without it.
Light and fluffy lemon cake reminds me of spring and warmer weather. Since it’s easy to make a lemon mug cake keto, enjoy the little cake all year round.
Keto Lemon Mug Cake Ingredients
(See the recipe card below for exact measurements)
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Baking powder
- Granular erythritol
- Melted butter
- Low-carb milk
- Lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- Powdered erythritol
- Lemon juice
Low-carb Lemon Mug Cake Directions
In a microwave-safe mug, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and granular erythritol.
Add the egg, melted butter, milk of choice, lemon juice, and ½ tsp of the lemon zest. Stir until well incorporated.
Microwave for 1 1/2 – 2 minutes or until the cake is cooked through.
Make the glaze by combining the powdered erythritol with lemon juice.
Drizzle the glaze over the mug cake and top with additional lemon zest and powdered erythritol.
Add some low-carb whipped cream if you choose. Keep in mind the whipped topping is not factored into the nutrition facts here.
Lemon Cake in a Mug Recipe Notes and FAQ
How to mix the mug cake batter correctly.
Do not over mix the batter. Just stir to combine the ingredients.
Do not let the batter sit.
Don’t let the mug cake batter sit long. The coconut flour absorbs moisture as it sits and your mug cake will dry out.
Don’t burn your tongue.
Allow your mug cake to cool, but leave your fork to the side. I say this in every mug cake recipe post, but it took me a while to learn my lesson. When you leave the fork in the hot cake it turns into a taste bud destroying weapon. (I’m only being a tad dramatic.)
A tasty lemon mug cake for one that's low-carb and keto friendly. Ready in minutes!
Net carbs for cake and glaze: 5.4g
- 3 Tablespoons almond flour
- 1 Tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons granular erythritol
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Tablespoon melted butter
- 2 Tablespoons low-carb milk substitute
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, divided
- 1 Tablespoon powdered erythritol
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In an 8 ounce, microwave-safe mug, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and granular erythritol. Stir until combined.
- Add the egg, melted butter, milk of choice, lemon juice, and ½ tsp of the lemon zest. Stir until well incorporated.
- Microwave for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes or until the cake is cooked through.
- Prepare the glaze by combining the confectioners erythritol with lemon juice. Drizzle over mug cake and top with additional lemon zest and confectioners erythritol. Enjoy.
Nutrition facts calculated using Carb Manager and are not guaranteed to be 100% accurate.
Main nutrition facts include the cake and the glaze.
Cake alone is 4.9 net carbs.
If you use all the glaze it's .5 additional net carbs.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 mug cake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 340.4Total Fat: 28.9gCholesterol: 217mgCarbohydrates: 44gNet Carbohydrates: 5.4gFiber: 5.6gSugar: 2.7gSugar Alcohols: 33gProtein: 12.1g
Pin to save for later!
More Cakes with Fruit to Try
Let me know how you like this low-carb lemon mug cake! Tag me in pics or leave a comment below.