A keto lemon mug cake is a sweet and refreshing treat. Add a hint of lavender to this low-carb lemon cake to bring it to another level. There’s something about the lavender lemon flavor combo that feels classy and sophisticated.
Want to feel like you’re attending a tea party with the elite? Okay, maybe that’s extreme, but I feel fancier than I am when I eat this lavender lemon mug cake. Find out how to make this low-carb treat in about 5 minutes.
Table of Contents
Low-Carb Lemon Mug Cake with Lavender
Lemon is such a lovely scent and flavor. It’s fresh and light and reminds me of spring. Lavender is relaxing and often used in aromatherapy. Culinary lavender is possibly an acquired taste and if you’re new to it be sure to read the notes below.
If you want to skip the lavender, use this recipe for low-carb lemon mug cake.
At about 5g net carbs, enjoy this lavender lemon mug cake as a tasty low-carb dessert.
Keto Lemon Lavender Mug Cake Ingredients
(Exact measurements are in the recipe card below.)
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Baking powder
- Granular Swerve
- Melted butter
- Low-carb milk
- Lemon juice
- Lemon zest
- Food grade lavender essential oil or culinary lavender extract
- Confectioners Swerve
- Water or lemon juice
- Optional: Dried culinary lavender
Lemon Mug Cake Directions
In a microwave-safe mug, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and granular Swerve until well incorporated.
Add the egg, melted butter, milk, lemon juice, 1/2 tsp of the lemon zest, and a drop of lavender essential oil. Stir until combined.
Microwave for 1 1/2 – 2 minutes or until the cake is cooked through.
To make the glaze combine the confectioners Swerve with water or lemon juice.
Drizzle the glaze over the mug cake and top with additional lemon zest, lavender, and confectioners Swerve.
Serve and enjoy!
Lavender Cake Recipe Tips and FAQ
How to get the perfect lavender flavor.
If you happen to love culinary lavender, one drop is probably fine in this recipe. However, most people who’ve tried this recipe think a full drop is a dash too much. It’s almost impossible to do 1/2 a drop, so the answer is to double the ingredients.
For the perfect balance of flavor, make two mug cakes with the one drop of lavender. Share with a friend, or cover half and store in the refrigerator for the next day.
Lemon and lavender cake in a mug. A delicious and refreshing flavor combo in a low-carb cake.
Net carbs for cake and glaze made with lemon juice: 5g
- 3 Tablespoons almond flour
- 1 Tablespoon coconut flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons granular swerve
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon melted butter
- 2 Tablespoons low-carb milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, divided
- 1 drop food grade lavender essential oil OR culinary lavender extract
- 1 Tablespoon confectioners Swerve
- 1 drop water or lemon juice
- Dried culinary lavender (optional)
- In an 8 ounce mug, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and swerve. Stir until combined.
- Add the egg, melted butter, milk, lemon juice, ½ tsp of the lemon zest, and 1 small drop of the lavender essential oil. Stir until well incorporated.
- Microwave for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes or until the cake is cooked through.
- Prepare the glaze by combining the confectioners swerve with water or lemon juice. Drizzle over mug cake and top with additional lemon zest, lavender and confectioners swerve.
One drop of lavender might be too much unless you love culinary lavender. The perfect amount would be a 1/2 a drop. That's difficult to measure, so you can double the ingredients to make 2 mug cakes if you choose.
Nutrition facts calculated using Carb Manager and are not guaranteed to be 100% accurate.
Main nutrition facts include the cake and the glaze mixed with lemon juice.
Cake alone is 4.9 net carbs.
If you use all the glaze it's 0.1 additional net carbs.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 mug cake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 339Total Fat: 28.9gCholesterol: 217mgCarbohydrates: 43.5gNet Carbohydrates: 5gFiber: 5.5gSugar: 2.6gSugar Alcohols: 33gProtein: 12.1g
More Fruit Flavored Cakes
Pin to save for later!
Please let me know if you try this keto lemon mug cake with lavender.