This funfetti mug cake recipe is a perfect keto birthday mug cake. Don’t let carbs crash your party when a low-carb funfetti cake recipe is possible. (Unless you invite them – no judgement here!)
Of course, no birthday necessary to enjoy this colorful treat. Whip yourself up a funfetti cake for one any time the craving strikes. This is like a cupcake in a mug and a happy dessert to celebrate anything at all.
Table of Contents
Low-Carb Birthday Funfetti Cake
Sometimes a cake craving is more than just your sweet tooth calling. Cake is celebratory and often a whole experience, especially if it’s your birthday.
If you’re celebrating your special day and want to have your cake and stay low-carb, definitely give this vanilla funfetti cake in a mug a try.
In about 5 minutes, you will have a birthday funfetti cake with about 5.8g net carbs not counting the whipped cream. Party on without the sugar rush and inevitable crash.
Keto Confetti Mug Cake Ingredients
(Exact measurements are in the printable recipe card below)
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Food coloring in pink, yellow, and blue
- Almond flour
- Baking powder
- Erythritol, granular
- Melted butter or coconut oil
- Low-carb milk (Unsweetened Milkadamia is my fav)
- Vanilla extract
- Keto friendly whipped topping (try whipped coconut milk)
Funfetti Mug Cake Directions
For the cake confetti sprinkles, place two tablespoons of shredded coconut in 3 separate small bowls. Add drops of food coloring to each bowl and stir until the color is fully combined and absorbed. Combine all three colors and set aside.
In a small, microwave-safe mug, stir together the almond flour, baking powder, and erythritol.
Add the melted butter or coconut oil, milk, egg, and vanilla. Stir until fully incorporated.
Gently fold in a tablespoon of the shredded coconut, being careful not to over stir. Place an additional tablespoon on top of the batter and lightly press it to set.
Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds or until the top has set. Insert a toothpick in the center and make sure it comes out clean.
Top with a keto friendly whipped topping and the rest of the shredded coconut if you choose.
Don’t forget the candle if this is a happy birthday mug cake!
Using coconut shreds as sprinkles.
Use the low-carb funfetti sprinkles in other recipes. There’s another post about the colored coconut shreds here.
If you’re not faked out by the coconut shreds as “sprinkles”, that’s totally understandable! You can buy sugar-free sprinkles for that crunchy texture you miss. There’s a link in the recipe card below to find them on Amazon.
Should I use butter or coconut oil?
There’s an option in this recipe to use butter or coconut oil. Unless you really love the taste of coconut, choose butter. Because there is so much coconut already in the recipe, butter provides a better balance of flavor.
Make sure you cook long enough.
This mug cake definitely takes the full 90 seconds to fully cook, most likely from the extra butter.
Colorful confetti cake that's low-carb! Great for birthdays or celebrations on the keto diet.
Net carbs for cake using butter without whipped cream and using 2 Tablespoons of coconut shreds: 5.8g
Coconut Confetti Sprinkles
- 6 Tablespoons unsweetened shredded coconut, divided
- Sugar-Free food coloring
- 4 Tablespoons almond flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 2 Tablespoons low-carb milk
- 1 Tablespoon erythritol, granular
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Keto Friendly whipped topping (try whipped coconut milk)
- Divide shredded coconut into 3 separate bowls, 2 Tablespoons per bowl.
- Add one drop of food coloring to each bowl. Stir until combined. Mix all 3 bowls together and set aside.
- In a small 8 ounce mug, stir together the almond flour, baking powder, and erythritol.
- Add the melted butter, egg, milk, and vanilla. Stir until fully incorporated.
- Gently fold in 1 Tablespoon of the shredded coconut, being careful not to over stir. Place an additional Tablespoon on top of the batter and lightly press it to set.
- Cook in the microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds or until the top has set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Top with Keto friendly whipped topping and the remaining shredded coconut.
Nutrition facts calculated using Carb Manager and are not guaranteed to be 100% accurate.
Main nutrition facts include the cake made with butter without whipped cream.
Add additional for whipped topping.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 mug cake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 528Total Fat: 49.6gCholesterol: 247.5mgCarbohydrates: 22.2gNet Carbohydrates: 5.8gFiber: 4.4gSugar: 2.5gSugar Alcohols: 12gProtein: 13.3g
More Colorful Cakes
Pin to your keto dessert boards to save and share!
I’d love to hear from you after you try this keto funfetti mug cake! Please comment below or tag me in pictures if you make it.